What do you do?
• Identifying and developing new business leads and Clients as well as proposals and pitches for business.
• Contact clients by e-mails, cold calling as well as visits for new business development opportunities.
• Perform win/loss, prospect and sales pipeline reporting to the Head, Business Development.
• Developed prowess as the tendering engineer for the company. Responsible for creation, submissions and follow up of tenders for new contracts.
• Developed proficiency as a procurement officer responsible for prepared requests for quotation, purchase orders and sales invoices for clients.
• Established and encouraged business relationships with existing and potential customers.
Why did you choose this field?
I get to work in a challenging, volatile and exciting industry
Fantastic exposure to the real critical energy issues and an opportunity to be part of the working solution
Being part of something much bigger than myself and a chance at making valuable impact
Afford me an opportunity to move around, travel anywhere
What do you look at and think, "I wish younger me would have known this was possible"?
Been able to graduate at the top of my class in a male dominated field.
Receiving the SPE Lagos section Outstanding Young Professional Service Award in 2018.
Having a technical paper publication in OnePetro.
Volunteering at the capacity at which I currently am, giving back and making the kind of impact I am now.
Just been in the place I currently am regardless of all the challenges I faced.
Why do you love working in STEM?
Being a part of such an amazing community and an opportunity to give back to the industry. And inspire younger women, as I was inspired.
Best advice for next generation?
Keep on keeping on. Don't give up on yourself because I am rooting for you.
Inspo quote / fun fact / role model
"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others" (Nelson Mandela)